Not always. A slip and fall claim requires proving that the fall occurred due to negligence and that losses were sustained due to the injury.
If you have sustained an injury due to a fall, we recommend obtaining a free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer and reading some of these columns:
- Property owners can’t possibly keep sidewalks perfectly clear
- Homeowners need to keep front sidewalks safe to walk
- More on resident’s responsibility for clearing snow and ice
- Show a little common sense when venturing out on slippery sidewalks
- Sidewalk snow clearing bylaw useless if not enforced